Victorian Furniture Period
This post of Victorian Furniture Period was uploaded at February 7, 2017 at 2:00 pm. It is uploaded under the Furniture category. Victorian Furniture Period is tagged with Victorian Furniture Period, Victorian, Furniture, Period..
VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Furniturefur•ni•ture (fûr′ni chər),USA pronunciation n.
- the movable articles, as tables, chairs, desks or cabinets, required for use or ornament in a house, office, or the like.
- fittings, apparatus, or necessary accessories for something.
- equipment for streets and other public areas, as lighting standards, signs, benches, or litter bins.
- Also called bearer, dead metal. pieces of wood or metal, less than type high, set in and about pages of type to fill them out and hold the type in place in a chase.
Periodpe•ri•od (pēr′ē əd),USA pronunciation n.
- a rather large interval of time that is meaningful in the life of a person, in history, etc., because of its particular characteristics: a period of illness; a period of great profitability for a company; a period of social unrest in Germany.
- any specified division or portion of time: poetry of the period from 1603 to 1660.
- a round of time or series of years by which time is measured.
- a round of time marked by the recurrence of some phenomenon or occupied by some recurring process or action.
- the point of completion of a round of time or of the time during which something lasts or happens.
- a specific length of time during school hours that a student spends in a classroom, laboratory, etc., or has free.
- any of the parts of equal length into which a game is divided.
- the time during which something runs its course.
- the present time.
- the point or character (.) used to mark the end of a declarative sentence, indicate an abbreviation, etc.;
- a full pause, as is made at the end of a complete sentence;
- a sentence, esp. a well-balanced, impressive sentence: the stately periods of Churchill.
- a periodic sentence.
- an occurrence of menstruation.
- a time of the month during which menstruation occurs.
- the basic unit of geologic time, during which a standard rock system is formed: comprising two or more epochs and included with other periods in an era. See table under geologic time.
- the duration of one complete cycle of a wave or oscillation;
the reciprocal of the frequency.
- a division of a composition, usually a passage of eight or sixteen measures, complete or satisfactory in itself, commonly consisting of two or more contrasted or complementary phrases ending with a conclusive cadence.
- Also called period of rotation. the time in which a body rotates once on its axis.
- Also called period of revolution. the time in which a planet or satellite revolves once about its primary.
- See under periodic (def. 5).
- [Class. Pros.]a group of two or more cola.
- noting, pertaining to, evocative of, imitating, or representing a historical period or the styles current during a specific period of history: period costumes; a period play.
- (used by a speaker or writer to indicate that a decision is irrevocable or that a point is no longer discussable): I forbid you to go, period.
Victorian Furniture Period have 6 pictures it's including Victorian Furniture Pic From, 17 Best Images About Living Room On Pinterest | Traditional, Victorian Living Room And Victorian Furniture, Antique Victorian Furniture, 17 Best Images About Rococo On Pinterest | Armchairs, Traditional Chairs And Italian, Victorian Furniture And Victorian Decor Accessories, Victorian Antique Furniture. Here are the pictures:
Blinds are among the crucial components in an area. Victorian Furniture Period able to dam the sunshine is also bright about the outside and on the other-hand can also be able to include part of the area so as not apparent from the outside. So great blackout purpose until there's scarcely a room that had a screen without the curtains.
To create a good mixture of decoration of the room through the selection of ideal blinds, we must be observant inside the mix and fit of shades, designs, as well as the curtain components with the idea of house as well as the decoration of the window itself. Not just that, the election blackout must also be used to paint the walls as though the curtains possess a shade that's not in harmony with all the color of the wall coloring, the result will look unusual and also the comparison isn't it?
Blinds than advantageous in terms of functionality, can also be addressed as a section of decor that may beautify the area. These objects may be combined with the room's concept as well as varieties and models of windows in order present a separate bedroom decoration and to return together.
Random Images of Victorian Furniture Period
- Milk Glass Tile
- Mk Tile Saw 101
- Furniture Stores In Barrington Il
- Benjamin Moore Grey Paint For Bedroom
- Classic Furniture Charlottesville
- Young Hinkle Bedroom Furniture
- Log Furniture Bedroom Sets
- Hit The Floor Wiki
- 5 16 Hardwood Flooring
- Country Master Bedroom
- Craigslist Tallahassee Furniture
- Apartments In Garden City
- Df Furniture Store
- Ashley Furniture Homestore Prices
- Flowers In The Attic Series Books In Order
- Slate Kitchen Appliance Package