Antique Wooden Wash Basin Stand
The post of Antique Wooden Wash Basin Stand was uploaded on June 23, 2017 at 1:45 pm. This image is posted in the Wooden category. Antique Wooden Wash Basin Stand is tagged with Antique Wooden Wash Basin Stand, Antique, Wooden, Wash, Basin, Stand..
Antiquean•tique (an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
Woodenwood•en (wŏŏd′n),USA pronunciation adj.
- consisting or made of wood;
wood: a wooden ship.
- stiff, ungainly, or awkward: a wooden gait.
- without spirit, animation, or awareness.
- dull or stupid.
- indicating the fifth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary.
Washwash (wosh, wôsh),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to apply water or some other liquid to (something or someone) for the purpose of cleansing;
cleanse by dipping, rubbing, or scrubbing in water or some other liquid.
- to remove (dirt, stains, paint, or any matter) by or as by the action of water (usually fol. by out, off, etc.): to wash grime out of clothing.
- to free from spiritual defilement or from sin, guilt, etc.: to be washed whiter than the snow.
- to bathe, wet, or moisten with water or other liquid: a meadow newly washed with morning dew.
- to flow through, over, or against: a shore or cliff washed by waves.
- to carry, bring, remove, or deposit (something) by means of water or any liquid, or as the water or liquid does (often fol. by up, down, or along): The storm washed the boat up on the shore. A sailor was washed overboard.
- to wear or diminish, as water does by flowing over or against a surface (often fol. by out or away): The rain had washed away the lettering on the stone.
- (of water) to form by flowing over and eroding a surface: The flood had washed a new channel through the bottom lands.
- to subject (earth or ore) to the action or force of water in order to separate valuable material.
- to separate (valuable material) in this way.
- to purify (a gas or gaseous mixture) by passage through or over a liquid.
- to cover with a watery or thin coat of color.
- to overlay with a thin coat or deposit of metal: to wash brass with gold.
- launder (def. 3).
- to wash oneself: After using the insecticide spray they washed completely.
- to wash clothes: Monday is the day we wash.
- to cleanse anything with or in water or other liquid.
- to undergo washing without injury, esp. shrinking or fading: fabrics guaranteed to wash.
- to be found true, valid, or real when tested or closely scrutinized;
stand being put to the proof: His honesty won't wash.
- to be carried or driven by water (often fol. by along or ashore): The boat had washed ashore in the night.
- to flow or beat with a lapping sound, as waves on a shore.
- to move along in or as in waves, or with a rushing movement, as water.
- to be eroded, as by a stream or by rainfall: a hillside that washes frequently.
- to be removed by the action of water (often fol. by away): Much of the topsoil washes away each spring.
- wash down:
- to clean completely by washing: to wash down a car.
- to facilitate the swallowing of (food or medicine) by drinking water or other liquid: to wash down a meal with a glass of wine.
- wash one's hands of. See hand (def. 75).
- wash out:
- to be removed by washing: The stain wouldn't wash out.
- to damage or demolish by the action of water: The embankment was washed out by the storm.
- to fail to qualify or continue;
be eliminated: to wash out of graduate school.
- to become dim, indistinct, or blurred: The face of the watch washes out in sunlight.
- wash up:
- to wash one's face and hands: Aren't you going to wash up? Dinner is almost ready.
- to wash (dishes, flatware, pots, etc.): I'll wash up the dishes, don't bother. We had someone in to wash up after the party.
- to end, esp. ignominiously (usually in the passive): After that performance, he's all washed up as a singer.
- the act or process of washing with water or other liquid: to give the car a wash.
- a quantity of clothes, linens, etc., washed, or to be washed, at one time: a heavy wash.
- a liquid with which something is washed, wetted, colored, overspread, etc.: She gave the room a wash of pale blue.
- the flow, sweep, dash, or breaking of water: The wash of the waves had drenched us.
- the sound made by this: listening to the wash of the Atlantic.
- water moving along in waves or with a rushing movement: the wash of the incoming tide.
- the rough or broken water left behind a moving ship, boat, etc.;
wake: The little boats tossed about in the wash from the liner's propellers.
- the disturbance in the air left behind by a moving airplane or any of its parts: wing wash.
- any of various liquids for grooming or cosmetic purposes: a hair wash.
- a lotion or other liquid having medicinal properties, as an antiseptic solution or the like (often used in combination): to apply wash to a skinned knee; mouthwash; eyewash.
- minerals from which valuable material can be extracted by washing.
- the wearing away of the shore by breaking waves.
- a tract of land washed by the action of the sea or a river.
- a marsh, fen, or bog.
- a small stream or shallow pool.
- a shallow arm of the sea or a shallow part of a river.
- a depression or channel formed by flowing water.
- alluvial matter transferred and deposited by flowing water.
- Also called dry wash. [Western U.S.]the dry bed of an intermittent stream.
- a broad, thin layer of color applied by a continuous movement of the brush, as in water-color painting.
- Also called watershed, weathering.
- an upper surface so inclined as to shed rain water from a building.
- any member of a building having such a surface.
- Also, washing. a thin coat of metal applied in liquid form: a gold wash.
- waste liquid matter, refuse, food, etc., from the kitchen, as for hogs;
swill (often used in combination): hogwash.
- washy or weak liquor or liquid food.
- the fermented wort from which the spirit is extracted in distilling.
- an action that yields neither gain nor loss: The company's financial position is a wash compared with last year.
- come out in the wash:
- to have a good or satisfactory result;
turn out eventually: The situation may look hopeless now, but it will all come out in the wash.
- to be revealed;
- capable of being washed without shrinking, fading, etc.;
washable: a wash dress.
Basinba•sin (bā′sən),USA pronunciation n.
- a circular container with a greater width than depth, becoming smaller toward the bottom, used chiefly to hold water or other liquid, esp. for washing.
- any container of similar shape, as the pan of a balance.
- the quantity held by such a container: We need another basin of water to dilute the mixture.
- a natural or artificial hollow place containing water.
- a partially enclosed, sheltered area along a shore, often partly man-made or dredged to a greater depth, where boats may be moored: a yacht basin.
- an area in which the strata dip from the margins toward a common center.
- [Physical Geog.]
- a hollow or depression in the earth's surface, wholly or partly surrounded by higher land: river basin.
- See drainage basin.
- the depression in an apple, pear, or other pome at the end opposite the stem.
Standstand (stand),USA pronunciation v., stood, stand•ing, n., pl. stands for 43–63, stands, stand for 64.
- (of a person) to be in an upright position on the feet.
- to rise to one's feet (often fol. by up).
- to have a specified height when in this position: a basketball player who stands six feet seven inches.
- to stop or remain motionless or steady on the feet.
- to take a position or place as indicated: to stand aside.
- to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause.
- to take up or maintain a position or attitude with respect to a person, issue, or the like: to stand as sponsor for a person.
- to have or adopt a certain policy, course, or attitude, as of adherence, support, opposition, or resistance: He stands for free trade.
- (of things) to be in an upright or vertical position, be set on end, or rest on or as on a support.
- to be set, placed, fixed, located, or situated: The building stands at 34th Street and 5th Avenue.
- (of an account, score, etc.) to show, be, or remain as indicated;
show the specified position of the parties concerned: The score stood 18 to 14 at the half.
- to remain erect or whole;
resist change, decay, or destruction (often fol. by up): The ruins still stand. The old building stood up well.
- to continue in force or remain valid: The agreement stands as signed.
- to remain still, stationary, or unused: The bicycle stood in the basement all winter.
- to be or become stagnant, as water.
- (of persons or things) to be or remain in a specified state, condition, relation, relative position, etc.: He stood in jeopardy of losing his license.
- to have the possibility or likelihood: He stands to gain a sizable profit through the sale of the house.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to become or be a candidate, as for public office (usually fol. by for).
- to take or hold a particular course at sea.
- to move in a certain direction: to stand offshore.
- (of a male domestic animal, esp. a stud) to be available as a sire, usually for a fee: Three Derby winners are now standing in Kentucky.
- to cause to stand;
set: Stand the chair by the lamp.
- to face or encounter: to stand an assault.
- to undergo or submit to: to stand trial.
- to endure or undergo without harm or damage or without giving way: His eyes are strong enough to stand the glare.
- to endure or tolerate: She can't stand her father.
- to treat or pay for: I'll stand you to a drink when the manuscript is in.
- to perform the duty of or participate in as part of one's job or duty: to stand watch aboard ship.
- stand a chance or show, to have a chance or possibility, esp. of winning or surviving: He's a good shortstop but doesn't stand a chance of making the major leagues because he can't hit.
- stand by:
- to uphold;
support: She stood by him whenever he was in trouble.
- to adhere to (an agreement, promise, etc.);
affirm: She stood by her decision despite her sister's arguments.
- to stand ready;
wait: Please stand by while I fix this antenna.
- to get ready to speak, act, etc., as at the beginning of a radio or television program.
- to be ready to board a plane, train, or other transport if accommodations become available at the last minute.
- stand down:
- to leave the witness stand.
- to step aside;
withdraw, as from a competition: I agreed to stand down so that she could run for the nomination unopposed.
- to leave or take out of active work or service: to stand down some of the ships in the fleet.
- stand for:
- to represent;
symbolize: P.S. stands for "postscript.''
- to advocate;
favor: He stands for both freedom and justice.
- [Informal.]to tolerate;
allow: I won't stand for any nonsense!
- stand in with:
- to be in association or conspiracy with.
- to enjoy the favor of;
be on friendly terms with.
- stand off:
- to keep or stay at a distance.
- to put off;
- stand on:
- to depend on;
rest on: The case stands on his testimony.
- to be particular about;
demand: to stand on ceremony.
- [Naut.]to maintain a course and speed.
- stand out:
- to project;
protrude: The piers stand out from the harbor wall.
- to be conspicuous or prominent: She stands out in a crowd.
- to persist in opposition or resistance;
- [Naut.]to maintain a course away from shore.
- stand over:
- to supervise very closely;
watch constantly: He won't work unless someone stands over him.
- to put aside temporarily;
postpone: to let a project stand over until the following year.
- stand pat. See pat 2 (def. 6).
- stand to:
- to continue to hold;
persist in: to stand to one's statement.
- to keep at steadily: Stand to your rowing, men!
- to wait in readiness;
stand by: Stand to for action.
- stand to reason. See reason (def. 11).
- stand up:
- to come to or remain in a standing position: to stand up when being introduced.
- to remain strong, convincing, or durable: The case will never stand up in court. Wool stands up better than silk.
- [Slang.]to fail to keep an appointment with (someone, esp. a sweetheart or date): I waited for Kim for an hour before I realized I'd been stood up.
- stand up for:
- to defend the cause of;
support: No one could understand why he stood up for an incorrigible criminal.
- to serve a bridegroom or bride, as best man or maid (matron) of honor.
- stand up to, to meet or deal with fearlessly;
confront: to stand up to a bully.
- the act of standing;
an assuming of or a remaining in an upright position.
- a cessation of motion;
halt or stop.
- a determined effort for or against something, esp. a final defensive effort: Custer's last stand.
- a determined policy, position, attitude, etc., taken or maintained: We must take a stand on political issues.
- the place in which a person or thing stands;
- See witness stand.
- a raised platform, as for a speaker, a band, or the like.
- stands, a raised section of seats for spectators;
- a framework on or in which articles are placed for support, exhibition, etc.: a hat stand.
- a piece of furniture of various forms, on or in which to put articles (often used in combination): a nightstand; a washstand.
- a small, light table.
- a stall, booth, counter, or the like, where articles are displayed for sale or where some business is carried on: a fruit stand.
- newsstand: The papers usually hit the stands at 5 a.m.
- a site or location for business: After 20 years the ice-cream vendor was still at the same stand.
- a place or station occupied by vehicles available for hire: a taxicab stand.
- the vehicles occupying such a place.
- the growing trees, or those of a particular species or grade, in a given area.
- a standing growth, as of grass, wheat, etc.
- a halt of a theatrical company on tour, to give a performance or performances: a series of one-night stands on the strawhat trail.
- the town at which a touring theatrical company gives a performance.
- hive (def. 2).
- a rolling unit in a rolling mill.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a complete set of arms or accoutrements for one soldier.
- take the stand, to testify in a courtroom.
This post of Antique Wooden Wash Basin Stand have 10 attachments including Antique Vintage Wood Wash Basin Stand W/ Mirror Candle Holders Bowl & Pitcher, Vintage Wash Stand Wooden With Mirror Candle Holders By MustyMusts, $144.00, Antique Vintage Wood Wash Basin Stand With Mirror, Antique? Wood Wash Stand Pitcher, Bowl/wash Basin, Chamber Pot Chamberpot Mirror | EBay, Antique Wash Stand With Mirror - Bowl And Pitcher Are In Excellent Condition $225, Antique Golden Oak Wash Stand Dresser, Antique Wash Basin Stand With Ironstone Pitcher And Basin, Wash Basin Wood Stand With Galvanized Tubs A La Crate Vintage Rentals, ANTIQUE WOODEN WASH BASIN STAND WITH MIRROR & CANDLESTICK HOLDER PITCHER, BASIN, Antique Vintage Wood Wash Stand W Basin Pitcher Bowl Mirror Candlestick + | EBay. Following are the photos:
This type's benefits are natural and genuine. Color-correction can be carried out through a process of varnish. Nonetheless, this type of wood floor value supply comparatively large since it is made of solid-wood parts. The installation trigger chemical smells from concluding and usually takes a time that is long.
The features of manufactured wood floor is often called engineered parquet is in the process are manufactured so that the common conditions that typically arise in stable wood for example depreciation and bending doesn't happen, how the engineering process covering where the layers of wood fitted with grain direction reverse together levels, the very best level is constructed of venner (layers of timber).
This type of substance isn't resilient to humidity. Where the top of layer resembles timber pattern made from a form of plastic this sort of wood is actually a clone of the initial wooden surfaces. As it is constructed of plastic material in order greater scratch resistance. But if you desire a comfortable atmosphere with natural motifs based on the Antique Wooden Wash Basin Stand that is first Floor is certainly not the choice that is right.