Instagram (follow me, @Onyxsta), and after stalking nearly every pic under the hashtag of Frankie's hair, I was set on this style. I've named this the 'Frankie Flick', as it involves the bangs flicking stylistically from the centre, and part of the side, to fully cover the ear.
The Natural Crop'. My sister used an all-back cornrow/braid pattern, and wove the tracks in horizontally. The issue I had with this style was that she braided backwards and finished with a horizontal braid at the crown. When placing tracks on this pattern, it looked wiggish, and I struggled to blend my natural hair with the tracks. After straightening the hair, cutting and styling it, I was pleased with the result but found that the sweep was far shorter than the desired effect.
1. Wash (with shampoo) and deep condition hair weekly (or use Dr Miracle treatment every other week).
2. Apply leave-in conditioner of choice.
3. Blowdry hair with comb-picked hairdryer (found in afro-carribean hair stores), but leave hair slightly moist, to air-dry.
4. Apply John Frieda frizzease serum before straightening with Babyliss Pro 2000 straighteners.
5. Once hair straight, apply Dr. Miracle edge holding gel, and then wrap hair with silk wrap and leave overnight. VOILA!
Jumping the Broom' last Spring. I'd never been a Meagan Good fan as I found her style kindda skanky and so overtly sexy. She put those thoughts on the backburner with this mane! My lust for this style was then catapulted to a whole new scale when a guy friend of mine, who'd just started watching 'Californication' spotted Meagan Good and stated that she reminded him of me? Geeez! Was I flattered?
invisible parting' concept, and don't need the leave-outs at the side to conceal the tracks. The only difference in the maintenance routine for the 'Meagan Mop', is that I twist the tracks around bendy rollers (pack of 8 for £1 from Poundland) before bed, and the side remains wrapped in a headscarf to retain the shape (top left).
Onyxsta says...BLEURGHair!! Which do you prefer? The Frankie Flick or the Meagan Mop? Xisses