1) I'm a film, music & book fanatic...more obsessed with words than much else. With music, I pay more attention to the lyrics than the melody. Annotate quotes and try to understand the underlying themes, rather than absorb the trivial activities occuring in a play/book. Watch out for buzzwords and legendary quotes, rather than getting carried away with the fickle hoo-ha in TV Shows & movies. I live by moving words & one day, want to compile a book of my favourite, life-changing quotes.
2) I was born in Nigeria & lived there for 9 years, before moving to the UK with my entire family. Thus making me a 1st generation migrant, otherwise known to some as a freshie...but shhhh! LOL
3) I go by the alias of 'Onyxsta' or 'Onyx' on social networking sites and the blog world as I'm trying to carve out a reputable legal career for myself and don't want to merge my creative side, with my professional side.
4) My five favourite drinks in the WORLD are Diet Coca-Cola with Lime, Strawberry Lemonade, Rubicon Passion Fruit, Fizzy Vimto and Supermalt. I live and die by these.
5) I'm double-jointed in my fingers, but also SUPER clumsy. Those on my High School's yearbook committee will know how I begged & pleaded with the editor of the 'Most Likely to...' page NOT to include any clumsy references. I've sprained my ankle a million + 1 times, so much so, that I have a recovery-kit with balms and bandages ready-to-go at home for when the need arises.
6) I'm a fat-kid at heart, and conceal my insatiable appetite before the likes of those judgmental size 0's by calling myself a 'foodie' instead. Although, I'm like Homer from the Simpsons and can tell you what unique ingredients are in a meal, sometimes from the aroma alone
7) I can cook all things but particular native soups, and because of that, my mother claims I 'can't cook'...keep it movin'! You weren't saying that when you were munching on my baked spicy yams or my jerk chicken...hmmm
8) My laugh is SO loud, and mostly ill-timed. My mother once called me a “laughing jackass" (whatever THAT means), and I'm known as the 'feel good girl' at work cos I can make anyone feel funny and entertaining cos I just laugh uncontrollably at the silliest things. But don't get it twisted, I don't laugh at ANYTHING. I can't stand slap-stick comedy and begs.
9) 1st Impressions, people either think I'm a b*tch or shy. I tend to take a minute (in the metaphorical sense) to take in my surroundings and get a sense of people's personalities before I can feel free in my skin.
10) I fear the dark, toes, the smell of bananas, raisins, and cum. What? Perhaps I should put a Parental Advisory sticker atop the page...
I tag Lolli, Nicola, Lola+Fikki and Tomi. Can't wait to see what I don't know about you hunnies...so check out their blogs & watch out for their post.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! 10 Things to Love & Hate About Me. Xisses